Bookings for all new Mahindra Thar, the 4×4 iconic SUV, started on Friday. In its all-new form, the Thar is a quantum leap in terms of performance, everyday comfort and convenience, technology and safety, as it stays true to its core promise of unmatched off-roading capability and builds on its iconic design. Price starts from Rs 9.80 lakh to Rs 12.95 lakh. The four-wheel-drive model is available in both automatic and manual transmission. It doesn’t have any direct competitors.
The All-New Thar has the following exciting features:
- All-new BS-6 compliant Engine options: The 2.0 litre mStallion TGDi Petrol engine and the 2.2 litre mHawk Diesel engine
- New Gearbox options: 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission & 6-speed manual transmission mated to an authentic manual shift-on-the-fly 4×4 transfer case
- All-new Roof options: A Hard Top, a first-in-class Convertible Top and an optional Soft Top
- All-new Seating options: 4 front-facing seats & 2+4 side-facing seats
- All-new Technology Features: Drizzle resistant 17.8 cm touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, adventure statistics display and a whole lot more
- All-new Comfort and Convenience Features: Sporty front seats, roof-mounted speakers and lots more
- New Safety Features: ABS + EBD, Dual airbags, ESP with rollover mitigation, Hill-hold and hill descent control and a whole lot more
The All-New Thar is powered by two all-new engines which set new standards in terms of performance, refinement and reliability. A first for Thar and Mahindra, the All-New Thar is powered by the 2.0L mStallion TGDi petrol engine, and by the 2.2L mHawk Diesel engine. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, with an authentic 4×4 manual shift transfer case with a low ratio.
- All-New mStallion TGDi Petrol Engine producing 150 bhp of power & 320 Nm of torque
- All-New mHawk CRDe Diesel Engine producing 130 bhp of power & 320 Nm of torque
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission & 6-Speed Automatic Transmission options
- Shift-on-the-Fly 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Crawl Ratio
Legendary Off-Road Capability and Refined On-Road Driving Experience
Rough trips demand tough vehicles. That’s why the All-New Thar has been built on a rugged 3rd Generation chassis and tested extensively in some of the harshest terrain in India and across the world. It has an all-new suspension setup that delivers the impossible: better off-roading capability, as well as superior on-road handling and drive quality. The All-New Thar is also equipped with advanced off-road hardware that seriously improves its capability to go wherever and do whatever the driver demands of it.
- Authentic Body-on-Frame Construction- A True SUV
- Independent Front Suspension & Multi-Link Rear Suspension set-up
- Shift-on-the-Fly 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
- Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
- First-in-Class Brake Locking Differential
- Class-leading approach (41.8 deg), departure (36.8 deg) & ramp over (27 deg) angles
- Ground clearance of 226mm in unladen condition
- Water wading depth of 650mm
- All-Terrain Tyres 255/65 R18, with White Lettering: The Largest Tyre in its Class
- First-in-Class Electromechanical Driveline Disconnect
YOU MAY LIKE TO WATCH ANURAG SASON’S LATEST INTERVIEW FROM HIS MONDAY TALK SERIES
Monday Talk | There should be religion based politics: Deepak Kumar Gupta to Anurag Sason
About the author: Anurag Sason is journalist with more than 7 years of experience in mainstream journalism. He has worked in newspaper, news agency, TV and digital media. Presently, he is working as Senior Editor-News in Likee app. He tweets at @AnuragSason
For variety of videos click here
For interviews click here
Click here to directly go to Anurag K Sason’s YouTube channel which has 3.7 million+ views.